Thursday, January 29, 2009

short intro.

Kristin and I are working with a Tibetan exile named Pala on his memoir. I met Pala while traveling through Dharamshala, India. Pala gave me his memoirs, which spanned spans three long rectangular notebooks and remain incomplete, to photocopy and transcribe to computer when I returned to the states. After allowing them to languish for three years, Kristin nudged me to allow her to work on them with me. We started transcriptions in March 2008 and finishing in July of 2008. Now we have been given his blessings to write in "the best English possible," and with a few visits to Latse Library and one grant application later, this is what we are trying to do. We decided to start a blog covering our development of the book, as well as our development as writers, as well as...well...having a shared place to write anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment